RECIPE: Sundried Tomato Grilled Chicken
It's prime time for barbecue-ing so I wanted to share this great chicken recipe. As one of the leaner meats, chicken is a great way to enjoy the grill without loading up on the calories. Try this recipe on top of a fresh salad or on the side of brown rice and some steamed vegetables.
Sundried Tomato Grilled Chicken
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A few sprigs of parsley (optional)
- 4 small chicken breasts
- Combine the wine, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt in a blender and mix until smooth
- Add the blend with the chicken to a zip lock or storage container. Make sure the chicken is covered in the sauce.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator
- Grill about 20-30 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160F.
- Garnish with fresh Italian parsley
What other bbq recipes have you tried this summer?