Vegan Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Icing
Makes 8 cupcakes
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup vegan shortening (mixed into the flour, not melted)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup soymilk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon coconut extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line the cupcake pans with liners.
- Measure all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and combine.
- Add all of the wet ingredients in a larger bowl and whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop (perfect for portion control) transfer the batter into the liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan after 10 minutes or until tops of cupcakes are firm.
- ½ cup vegan shortening
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- Shaved coconut for garnish (about 1 cup)
- Mix all icing ingredients together
- Spread onto the cupcakes.
- Garnish with shaved coconut.
What is your favorite cupcake flavor?